Today, we finally got the ADC running on the digital board from a SW point of view . We are using the TI … secret … until the competition. We are struggling with some address problems of the I2C, which caused some severe problems on the bus, that made the SW fail.
The housing also has been optimized for FDM manufacturing and now it worked out. We even have metal threads to be able to mount the lids tightly on the box.
The new housing is designed and is going to be sent into production. As we measure light intensity a high-sophisticated design to keep as much light from the surrounding away from the sensor is crucial for the project success.
The old housing got to small and also the plastic used was not sufficient to keep all the light out. In contrast to the old housing the new one takes advantage of screwed lids, which are sealed with o-rings from a local company (Dione in Uppsala). Moreover everything is supposed to be accessible easily since every side can be opened.
The first batch of prototype hardware is finished, tested and works except for some minor problems. Three PCBs will be sent to Germany now to our senior software architect, Elmar, who is supposed to leverage FreeRTOS to get out the maximum of the ESP8266.